woensdag 8 januari 2014

2013 Review: Weight Watchers for the Yarn Stash!

In March 2013 I found out about Linda's and Ana's Stash Busting Project!

I started out at 17,6 kg. O my. My yarn closet was flooded with yarn.... Bags on the floor were also filled with yarn....

I did buy some yarn last year, but I kept it at a minium. I bought some sock yarn for a shawl, some yarn for a sweater and I (ahem) bought a lot of little balls of Phildar no. 3 for lots of colourful projects..

In maart 2013 ging ik van start bij het Stash Busting Project bij Linda en Ana.
Ik startte met 17,9 kilo aan garen... Mijn kastje was echt te vol. En naast de kast stonden ook nog tassen.

Ik heb wel wat garen gekocht het afgelopen jaar maar ik heb echt maar weinig gekocht! Ik had wat sokkengaren, wat garen voor een trui en (ahem) aardig wat bolletjes Phildar no. 3 voor kleurrijke projecten. 


I was sooooo excited to weigh my yarn and to see how much yarn went out of that closet despite my yarn addiction!
I knew that I had "lost" 2 kg to the knitting group at the elderly home, but I had no idea how much I lost making my crochet projects in 2013!

Ik was zooooo zenuwachtig om mijn garen te wegen, om echt zeker te weten hoeveel garen er weg was gewerkt.
Ik wist dat ik twee kilo had gegeven aan de breigroep in het bejaardentehuis hier, maar ik wist niet hoeveel kg in totaal al hakend er weggewerkt was. 

I started 2014 with 11,9 kg of yarn. Phew. I lost 5 kg!

And I have lots of space in my yarn cupboard.

Ik begin 2014 met 11,9 kg garen. Gelukkig, 5 kilo afgevallen!
En ik heb heerlijk ruimte in mijn garenkast. 

For 2014 I want to make a few resolutions:

- Bust more kilos of yarn!
- Make space in that same cupboard for my fabric stash

I already have some WIPs at the moment;
Ik heb nog wel wat WIPs op dit moment:




My CAL blanket (as-we-go stripey blanket) with the Dutch CAL 2014



My Hidden Triangles Hexagon blanket which has been a WIP for almost two years

A Tunisian Project (soon-to-be-released)

And still a pair of socks (Aargh!)...
En nog steeds sokken...


And we are going to use dishcloths! So I need to crochet a whole pile of them with all of the Lily Sugar n Cream in my stash.
En we gaan over op gehaakte poetsdoekjes. Ik moet dus flink wat doekjes haken maar gelukkig heb ik wat bollen Lily Sugar n Cream in mijn voorraad.

My goal is to have them by March. Well, not the CAL blanket but I hope to have these other WIPs done!
Mijn doel is om deze projecten af te hebben in Maart. Alleen de CAL loopt langer door.

For my fabric stash I have the same resolutions as for my yarn stash. Use it! I got rid of a lot of fabrics by donating them to Little Man's school. His teacher was very happy to get a bag full of scraps/bits and pieces/yards.



At the moment I am working on Patches & Pinwheels and I am close to finishing my last 12 blocks.
After that I planning on getting back at my Easy Street quilt!

Do you have any crafty resolutions for 2014?

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Zo... en dan dacht ik dat ik veel wol en garen had....
    Maar mooie projecten, hoor.
    X Nana

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx