donderdag 21 maart 2013

Books 'n hooks 'n threads!







 

Last week I showed you the cover of "The Gentle Art of Stitching" by Jane Brocket and since then I flipped through it a few times. What a lovely book. I just love how she writes, very down to earth, and I really like all the colours used for the projects. I am particularly in love with a quilt in this book and the embroidery lessons.
 



The same day I got home after my appointment with the company doctor, a surprise package had arrived! My sister send me these two little booklets, available at Bruna (a dutch stationary/little book store). Really really cute books aimed at the knitter/crochert-on-the-go. The crochet booklet has some lovely amigurumi in it and the knitting edition has some cute sock patterns!





Yesterday I managed to install the free hand embroidery foot on my sewing machine. It is a tricky looking thing, and at first I really had not clue how to install it. Some time ago I asked a demonstration at the local yarn/fabric/sewing machine store and the owner showed me. I tried hard to remember how it went and I got it inserted quite quickly.

But then I made some 5" by 8" sandwiches and tried stippling.

Not as easy as it all sounded! Above picture shows the front and it looks quite okay...

The back however...




O dear. All those loops!

Take 2...

It's a little bit better but I have to practice practice practice.... Some Google-fu told me that I am probably moving the sandwich to quick with my hands, so next time I will slow down!


The past few days I have been picking up a stashbusting project. It is finally getting along somewhat quicker. I have noticed that I am totally in love with my Tulip Etimo crochet hooks. My Clover Soft Touch hooks are being neglected at the moment. The head and shaft part of the Tulip Etimo hooks is so much smoother than those of the Clover and I find them really comfortable to work with. I love them!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 opmerkingen:

  1. I do like the look of your hooks, I use clover s t hooks but those look really good, I think I may have to give them a try :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. They are awesome! I do think the flat handle of the Clovers is more easy to hold, but these glide more easily through the stitches.

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello!
    Just to say that I LOVE the white scarf with the crochet edging that Elisabeth won in your giveaway!
    I also like this crochet hook that you show here. It looks like it would fit your hand very comfortably indeed.
    Lovely blog, nice to meet you!

    :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Kay, nice to meet you as well! Thank you so much for the compliment :) the Etimo hooks are great. I bought a gift set with 8 hooks (I think, I have to check) from a seller over at Etsy

      Verwijderen
  3. Hi, I came here from Elisabeth's blog. Your blog is lovely. Your work is wonderful! I'm following you now with GFC, I look forward to reading more. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you! Welcome and so lovely that you are following me :)

      Verwijderen

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx