woensdag 2 januari 2013

New Year's Resolutions


I've never told you very much about my very personal life. Mainly this is because I am using this blog as a sort of retreat, a quiet place.
With 2013 starting out right now, I need to make some resolutions for the coming year.

I absolutely Love my blog. I feel it is not done yet, it's not yet perfect. That is okay.

What is not okay is the feelings of rush and stress I am feeling. It is mostly my own fault, because I have So Many Ideas spinning in my head and I think I am a bit too ambitious.

This of course has to do with the limited amount of time I have on my hands... I have a husband, a house, a job and two small children. I notice I am comparing myself and my accomplishments with other bloggers, but not taking into account that the bloggers I am following are mostly older than me, do not have small children and/or are happily staying at home.

So, what I am going to do? What is wisdom?

A women under stress is not immediately concerned with finding solutions to her problems but rather seeks relief by expressing herself and being understood.
- John Gray -
Yes, absolutely so.

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.  ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
 And yes, that is absolutely true. And I think this is my biggest problem at the moment. I am making lists of everything I want to do, but in between taking care of the kids, there is just not enough time.

I am thinking I need to organize my fluttery brain. A bit of order, prioritize stuff that really need to be done, and set aside stuff that can be done later.

Concerning hooky time, well, this time is really limited. And I am a girl who likes to start ideas, but starting so many projects that it feels like everything takes ages...

The thing is, I need to change the way I am working on my lovely crocheting projects. Maybe do one a week and limit my number of projects to absolutely one a week. Not changing between projects. I am slow with crocheting, so finishing something takes several weeks for me. Right now I work small bits so it takes even months for me to finish a project.

Will this be a good idea?

It's only a start, because I need to tackle several other stuff going on in my private life. Most of the times when I start changing one routine, the others will follow.

I've promised this to myself: I am going to think this through in the coming days, and when school starts on Monday, I will make a decision.

So you will find me doing this:

 

There are probably many of you also thinking about New Years Resolutions, I hope they will be nice and will come true for all of you!

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx