woensdag 23 januari 2013

New Year's Resolutions Part 2

Early January I wrote about my New Year's Resolutions and I have been thinking and planning a lot!

And here's what I am doing right now:


- I am working on one project at home, and one project on the road

This is really working, because on the project at home I can finally see progress! On the one I am taking along to school, not so much, but hopefully working life will slow a bit down soon.

 

- I am organizing my/our household chores

I made a very loose scheme with all the basic tasks that Really need to be Done. And right now, after two Whirlwind Sundays around the house, it is starting to feel less hectic.

Our house was a mess! Lots of piles, lots of stuff laying on places it does not belong etc etc.

And after the flea infestation during Autumn break we really needed to do something about the household and really need to keep up with chores.

Let me say this: doing household chores is not specialty or my favorite task. I would love to not do it! Both Big Man and I would like to rummage around in the weekend in PJ's for two whole days if we can. Unfortunately, with four humans and two kitties, the house gets dirty!

It is a start, this household chore scheme, but I really hope it will work.

Another thing that has helped tremendously is that Little Lady is finally starting to sleep more at night. Since September she was waking up 4-5 times a night....

I am really pro (extended) breastfeeding, but I will not keep bottlefeeding out of our house if it gives me a bit of stress free time. So last week I started to give her a bottle every night at story time and one time at night and she is finally sleeping. I can sleep about 6 hours (with one waking) again!

 
 
And last but not least, after seeing a "Things I am grateful for 2013" journal, I thought it would be fun to have a "positive  notes" book. It is so easy to forget the little things that are positive. Now I jot down little quotes and things the kids do.

I am feelling slightly better, better than two weeks ago. I am not nearly where I want to be. I think time will tell, and the kids need to grow up a bit.

Reorganizing life is a huge step, and I do hope I am on track. One thing is certain, I will not give up crocheting!! 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx